Trees and Trails Advisory Committee
The Trees and Trails Advisory Committee (TTAC) provides recommendations to the Board of Commissioners regarding the guidance on issues related to trees, landscaping, and alternative transportation, including but not limited to public education efforts, tree planting and preservation, and trail development.
The TTAC consists of eight (8) Nolensville residents or business owners who are appointed by the Board of Commissioners. The meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
|ROLE||NAME||TERM LENGTH||APPOINTED||TERM EXPIRATION|
|Terry Adams||3 Years||March 3, 2022||March 3. 2025|
|Tim Beard||3 Years||April 1, 2021||March 4, 2024|
|Blake Bivens||3 Years||March 4, 2021||March 4, 2024|
|Secretary||Eric Gray||3 Years||March 4, 2021||March 4, 2024|
|Christina Minard||2 Years||March 4, 2021||March 4, 2023|
|Ross Muirhead||3 Years||November 4, 2021||November 4, 2024|
|Chair||Phillip Nelson||3 Year||March 3, 2022||March 3, 2025|
|Vice Chair||Elaine Shelton||2 Years||March 4, 2021||March 4, 2023|
If you are interested in applying to serve on a Town Board, Committee, or Commission, please fill out this application and email it to the Town Recorder.
Trees and Trails Advisory Committee 2021-2022 Accomplishments
- Awarded grant for $150,000 for the development of a Nolensville Walk/Bike Master Plan.
- Sought out opportunities to facilitate joint projects with community members, which resulted in the design and installation of a bike repair station and bench (Boy Scouts) and a Monarch Butterfly Way Station (Nolensville High School).
- Applied for and received a $1,000 grant for Mill Creek Cleanup and worked with the local boy scouts to clean Mill Creek and its buffer zones along the Historic District.
- Added mile marker posts to the multi-use path on Sunset Road
- Solicited public feedback and developed a TTAC Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) prioritized project list (currently working with Town Staff for feedback).