On August 6, 2020, the Town of Nolensville changed from a Mayor-Aldermanic Charter to a Town Manager-Commissioner Charter. This form of government exists today with the five Commissioners being elected by the citizens at large. The Town Commissioners appoint the Mayor and Vice Mayor for two-year terms.

The Board of Commissioners (BOC) is the governing body of the Town with the Town Manager having responsibility for the management of the Town staff. Ordinances that change the Town’s zoning, budgets, taxes, contracts and other items of this nature require two votes of the BOC. Some ordinances require a public hearing between the votes. Resolutions such as support of events, individuals, etc. require a single vote by the Board.

The BOC is supported by the Town’s Advisory Commissions, Boards and Committees who evaluate the matters before them and either provide decisions on the matter or recommendations to the body that can make the decision. To be appointed to a Commission or Board, an individual must reside within the Town’s limits, while Committee members need only live within the area.

Board of Commissioner
Board of Commissioners

The Board of Commissioners (BOC) is the governing body of the Town with the Town Manager having responsibility for the management of the town staff.

Beer Board
The Nolensville Beer Board has the power to establish regulations governing the selling, storing for sale, distributing for sale, giving away, and manufacturing of beer within the boundaries of the Town of Nolensville.

Advisory Committees, Boards, and

Board of Building Construction Appeals
The Board of Building Construction Appeals serves to hear and decide appeals of orders, decisions or determinations made by the building official relative to the application and interpretation of adopted building codes.

Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals serves to interpret disputed questions of lot lines or similar questions as they arise in the administration of the zoning ordinance.

Capital Improvements Program Advisory Committee
The Capital Improvements Program Advisory Committee helps guide the Town in making decisions regarding long-term infrastructure improvements and other capital expenditures.  

Economic Development Advisory Committee
This committee focuses on the growth and economic development in the Town of Nolensville.

Historic Zoning Commission
Homes and businesses within the historic area must get approval for changes to their structures which alter the current “streetscape” or for new structures via a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Historic Zoning Commission.

Planning Commission
The Planning Commission develops the Town’s growth plans and acts on proposed land development, including residential subdivisions and all non-residential and attached residential development site plans proposed in the town.  The Planning Commission also provides recommendations on rezoning actions and zoning ordinance revisions to the Board of Commissioners and is responsible for implementing the subdivision regulations.

Stormwater Appeals Board
This board hears and decides appeals to the Town's storm water regulations, storm water ordinance, floodplain ordinance and penalties for violation of the Town’s stormwater regulation and ordinance requirements.

Streetscapes and Public Spaces Advisory Committee
This committee provides recommendations to the Board of Commissioners on issues related to public spaces, including but not limited to parks, recreational areas, public art displays, and public structures. 

Town Events Advisory Committee
This committee has as its mission is to develop and execute events to benefit the community of Nolensville and its residents such as the annual Fourth of July Celebration, Veterans Day Celebration and other events of interest to the community.

Trees and Trails Advisory Committee
This committee has the goals to improve the quality of life in Nolensville through the development of a comprehensive Greenway system linking the town’s various neighborhoods, businesses, recreational and educational facilities, with an emphasis on preserving the integrity of creek areas.


This outline is intended to serve as a guide and may not be inclusive of all Town, State and Federal requirements.

- The completed Request Form will be distributed to representatives in the necessary Departments. The Department representatives will recommend approval, denial or approval with changes. Department representatives may also list any prerequisites required by that Department.
- Once the Committee Chair/Vice Chair submits all information and meets all necessary additional requirements, your Town liaison will notify the Committee Chair if the request has been approved or denied.  

The form is due 60 Days prior to the scheduled event or request. Read the form carefully and fully complete each section to the best of your ability. If the question does not pertain to your request, please put "N/A".

Please click this following link to fill out the form: Committee Request Form