Streetscapes and Public Spaces Advisory Committee
The Streetscapes and Public Spaces Advisory Committee (SPAC) will provide recommendations to the Board of Commissioners on issues related to public spaces, including but not limited to parks, recreational areas, public art displays, and public structures.
The Streetscapes and Public Spaces Advisory Committee will consist of seven (7) Nolensville residents or business owners, who shall be appointed by the Board of Commissioners. The meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
|ROLE||NAME||TERM LENGTH||APPOINTED||TERM EXPIRATION|
|Chair||Tyler Carpenter||3 Years||January 1, 2023||December 31, 2023|
|Vice Chair||April Garza-Wright||3 Years||January 1, 2023||December 31, 2023|
|Jennaca Harris||3 Years||January 1, 2023||December 31, 2025|
|EJ Kerr||1 Year||January 1, 2023||December 31, 2023|
|Vacant||2 Years||January 1, 2023||December 31, 2024|
|Diana Simons||2Years||January 1, 2023||December 31, 2024|
|Secretary||Jana Stephenson||1 Years||January 1, 2023||December 31, 2023|
Volunteer with Keep Nolensville Beautiful! Follow the link to learn more. Keep Nolensville Beautiful
If you are interested in applying to serve on a Town Board, Committee, or Commission, please fill out this application.
Streetscapes and Public Spaces Advisory Committee 2021-2022 Accomplishments
- Launched Photo Stops initiative during the holiday season to engage local businesses, churches, and organizations to decorate for the holiday season to increase the festive feel.
- With support of Town Staff, provided ideas for ABC grant the Town was awarded from the TN Art Commission which allowed the Town to offer a first “Nolensville Nights” live arts night in the Historic District coupled with two functional pieces in the form of Artists benches that visitors and community members can use.
- Made recommendations and secured new holiday decorations for Town Hall such as a new star for the Christmas Tree and public spaces like Beth Lothers Bridge to be decorated with greens donated by the community and lights for people to enjoy in the evening.
- Launched “Keep Nolensville Beautiful” project to offer education and resources centrally located on the Town website, recurring monthly community clean ups of public spaces, and research for future projects including Street Adoptions by businesses and organizations.
- Met with WC Parks Leadership and Town Manager to discuss recommendations and requests for improvements to parks within Nolensville and more access to facilities for members of our community to more fully experience and enjoy the parks in our community based on committee members observations, community outreach efforts at Nolensville Farmers Market and Citizen Comments during Committee meetings. Goal to increase efforts and partnership including recent grant of a lacrosse goal secured and intended to be located in a WC County Park free to the community to use and at no cost to the town.