close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Liquor Permit Information

Liquor-by-the-Drink License

Liquor-by-the-drink licenses are issued by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (ABC).   All businesses that sell wine or liquor must contact the Alcoholic Beverage Commission to apply for a liquor-by-the drink license.  You can contact the Alcoholic Beverage Commission at (615) 741-1602 to obtain additional information and apply for a liquor-by-the drink license.

The Town of Nolensville is to receive a copy of the state liquor license application and also has an additional questionnaire to be completed by the applicant. All business that approved to sell wine or liquor in Town limits must pay a privilege tax to the Town of Nolensville. The privilege tax fee amount is determined according to seating available at the establishment. The business will pay the privilege tax fee to both the state and to the Town on an annual basis.

Retail Liquor Package Store License

A license for a retail liquor package store must be obtained from the ABC. Before an application can be submitted, the applicant must be approved by Nolensville Board of Commissioners. A $500 fee must be submitted along with a Certificate of Compliance application. Additionally, the business must be posted as applying for a liquor license (new location or new owner). The applicant must pay to advertise in the local paper they have applied for a liquor license and when the public hearing will be to consider the application. The Town will provide the information for the advertisement.