The Town of Nolensville is seeking to hire a Codes Inspector for a newly created position. Depending on experience and qualifications, the position may be either a Codes Inspector I or Codes Inspector II. The Codes Inspector will maintain a highly visible and integral role within the Town, with the responsibility to:
- perform routine semi-skilled and technical field inspection work for industrial, commercial and residential building projects during all phases of construction, renovation and/or remodeling projects
- issue permits
- work with contractors, industry and the general public to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local codes and standards
- ensure contractual provisions are met
Minimum qualifications for a Codes Inspector I include a high school diploma or GED and 3 years of construction or inspection experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. ICC Certificates and/or State of TN certificates must be obtained within one year of employment.
Minimum qualifications for a Codes Inspector II include a high school diploma or GED and 5-7 years of construction or inspection experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. ICC Certificates and/or State of TN certification required.
Must be physically capable of moving about on construction work sites. Normal working hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Defined benefit plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holiday
- Voluntary, supplemental insurance options
- Minimum starting pay for a Codes Inspector I is $17.85/hour and for a Codes Inspector II it is $19.90/hour depending on experience.
Please refer to the job description for a complete understanding of the responsibilities.
All applicants must complete an application in order to be considered.
Job Description-Codes Inspector 1
Job Description-Codes Inspector 2