Hiring: Police Officer
The candidate must have the ability to be an organized person who can meet time schedules and deadlines. The candidate must be able to communicate both orally and in written form effectively. The candidate must be able to follow directions from supervisors and carry out assigned tasks. The candidate must be able to maintain a very high level of personal integrity, have good judgment, and be able to make sound decisions independently, with minimal supervision.
- At least 21 years of age
- Citizen of the United States
- High School Graduate or possess an equivalency (G.E.D.)
- Possess good moral character
- Distant Visual Acuity in each eye must be no worse than 20/100 (Snellen) uncorrected, corrected 20/20 in the better eye and 20/30 in the other eye. Binocular vision must be at 20 feet. Must have normal depth perception and must have normal color vision.
- Valid "Class D" Driver's License.
- Have not been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violations of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substance.
- Satisfactory driving record; candidate’s driving record will be considered part of the background investigation for this position.
- Honorable discharge from Military Service (if applicable)
- The medical requirements for enlistment or appointment to either the Army or Navy are the basis for physical suitability at the time of appointment.
- Meet standards set by the Tennessee Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission and adopted by the Tennessee General Assembly on June 24, 1983, T.C.A. 38-8-106.
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holiday
- Minimum starting pay is $18.30/hour depending on experience
- Shift differential
- Educational supplement, if applicable
All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a completed application to email@example.com in order to be considered for an open position.