Now Hiring: Police Officer
The Town of Nolensville is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer for immediate consideration. We are currently seeking one patrol officer with preference given to applicants that are Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified at the time of appointment.
The Town of Nolensville is situated in the lush green hills of Williamson County along scenic Mill Creek. It is a great place to raise a family and connect to a community where rural meets suburban, rustic meets quaint and old meets new. We experience small town life in close proximity to the cultural and entertainment opportunities of Metropolitan Nashville. The Town has a radius of 19.5 square miles and a population of about 11,000.
Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate must have the ability to be an organized person who can meet time schedules and deadlines. The candidate must be able to communicate both orally and in written form effectively. The candidate must be able to follow directions from supervisors and carry out assigned tasks. The candidate must be able to maintain a very high level of personal integrity, have good judgment, and be able to make sound decisions independently, with minimal supervision.
- Shall be a United States citizen (certified Birth Certificate or other certified legal document if naturalized).
- Must be 21 years-of-age by the application closing date.
- Shall have graduated from an accredited High School or obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) recognized by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- It is preferred, not required, that applicants have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, or closely related field, or 64 semester hours in such field with at least 2.5 GPA or higher.
- No applicant shall be considered if they have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States, and a certified DD214 shall be submitted to verify such.
- No applicant shall have any misdemeanor or felony conviction that prohibits the carrying of any legal firearm.
- Must have a valid Driver License on the date of application, and a valid Tennessee Driver License by the hire date
- It is preferred, not required, that applicants be Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified, and in current compliance and good-standing with TN P.O.S.T.
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holiday
- Minimum starting pay is $18.30/hour depending on experience
- Shift differential
- Educational supplement, if applicable
All candidates MUST submit a completed application to the Town of Nolensville to be considered for an open position.
Deadline for applications will be May 3, 2021.
Written test will be administered on May 10, 2021.
Candidates not already POST certified must be willing to attend TLETA in July 2021 for a period of 12 weeks.
For more information and to complete an application, please visit the Town of Nolensville’s website at: