Police FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact the Nolensville Police Department?
If you have an emergency, call 911. For non-emergency police response, call our 24 hour dispatcher at 615-776-3640. If you have a business question or any other matter with the Police Department, call the administrative office at 615-776-6685, and leave a message if there is no answer.
Where is the Nolensville Police Department?
The Nolensville Police Department headquarters is located inside Nolensville Town Hall at 7218 Nolensville Rd, Nolensville, TN 37135.
What are the Police Department's hours?
A police officer is available to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m., except for holidays. Call 911 in an emergency or the non-emergency communications number at 615-776-3640.
Is the NPD hiring?
Occasionally, there are opportunities to serve with the NPD on a full-time basis. Any current employment opportunities will be publicly advertised on the Town Finance/HR Department website. Follow all application guidelines posted with the job opportunity to be considered for employment.
How do I send a compliment or comment about an officer?
Any compliments or comments about the NPD or an individual officer should be put in writing and sent to the Police Chief. Letters can be delivered in person, emailed, or regular mail at Police Chief, Nolensville Police Dept., PO Box 547, Nolensville, TN  37135.
How do I file a police report?
Call 911 for emergency police response. In non-emergency situations, NPD Patrol Officers may be dispatched by calling our Dispatch at 615-776-3640. Please click here for more information about filing or obtaining a police report.
How do I get a copy of a police report?
You can come by Town Hall in person (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.),  or call 615-776-6690. When requesting a copy of a police report, please reference the case number given to you by the officer at the time of the incident, the date of the incident, and the requestor's name and contact information. You will receive a response within five (5) business days.
How do I request an "extra patrol" or vacation check request?
If you are going on vacation or would like extra police patrols in your neighborhood or business, the NPD will “go the extra mile” as resources allow to accommodate your request. Please complete this brief form to submit your request.
How do I take care of a traffic citation?
The Nolensville Municipal Court handles all traffic citations. Please see the Court's website for more information by clicking here.
How do I receive community notifications?
Create a text message to 888-777 and enter your zip code to be singed up to the Town of Nolensville Emergency and Community Notification System.
Does the Police Department have a Facebook Page?
Yes, it is Nolensville Police Department, and may be found by clicking this link: https://www.facebook.com/nolensvillepolice/
How do I get fingerprinted?
The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office provides fingerprinting services for a nominal fee. More information may be found by clicking here.
How do I report identity theft?
Nolensville Police Officers can respond to non-emergency police reports at your home, business, or the Police Headquarters. If it is not an emergency, please call 615-776-3640 to have an officer dispatched to your location for the identity theft report. You may also find additional information on our Identity Theft Victim's Guide.
How do I report domestic violence?
The Nolensville Police Department takes domestic violence very seriously. If you, or someone you know, is the victim of domestic violence, immediately call 911 for police response. 

You may also find information about Bridges Domestic Violence Center, a local shelter, by clicking here: http://www.bridgesdvc.org/
How do I get help from Animal Control?
The Williamson County Animal Control Officers handle the enforcement of non-emergency animal violations. If it is an emergency, call 911. Otherwise, you may report animal-related incidents to our non-emergency line at 615-776-3640.

For more information, please visit the Williamson County Animal Center Enforcement website by clicking here.
How do I apply for a concealed handgun carry permit?
The TN Department of Safety and Homeland Security issues TN Handgun Carry Permits to residents of this state. Please find more information about the application and training requirements by clicking here.
How do I renew my vehicles tags, or register a new vehicle?
The Williamson County Clerk’s Office handles vehicle registration and titling. A renewal kiosk is located inside the lobby of the Nolensville Rec Center located at 7250 Nolensville Rd. This kiosk may be used for renewing your vehicle tags. Find more information about registration and titling by clicking here.
Does Nolensville have a jail?
No, there is no jail or any holding cells in Nolensville. In accordance with state law, the county jail is managed by the local Sheriff's Office. Anyone arrested by the NPD is taken to the Williamson County Criminal Justice Center at 408 Century Court in Franklin, TN. The phone number to the Williamson County CJC is 615-790-5560.
How do I find out where my towed vehicle is?
If your vehicle was towed at the NPD’s request while you were present, you will have the towing company’s information. If you were not present, and the vehicle was towed, our communications center will have the tow company’s information available for the vehicle owner. You may call 615-776-3640 for that information. Please have all relevant info (location, make/model of vehicle, date of towing, license plate) prior to calling.
Can I "ride-along" with an NPD Patrol Officer?
The NPD authorizes Citizen's Police Academy participants to "ride along" during class dates. Students who would like to participate for school credit should submit a letter from their teacher on official letterhead. All "ride along" participants must complete a waiver prior to their participation in the program.
What is the difference between NPD and the Sheriff's Office?
Nolensville Police Department is the primary law enforcement provider inside the town limits of Nolensville, TN. The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office may operate anywhere within Williamson County, but generally focuses its patrol efforts outside of city/town limits. Sheriff’s deputies sometimes act as “backup officers” within Nolensville when their call volume permits. They may also conduct specialized investigations or other law enforcement actions within the Town limits. Sheriff’s deputies also patrol all public schools as School Resource Officers. NPD and WCSO have a close working relationship and assist each other in protecting the citizens of Nolensville.
How do I start a neighborhood watch program in my area?
Call the department at 615-776-6685 for more information.
Do NPD officers patrol the schools?
All public schools in Nolensville have a School Resource Officer, a service provided by the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office. While NPD and WCSO have a close working relationship, the NPD does not employ or manage SROs in the schools.