Fire Sprinkler Precautions
1. Program all in-home thermostats to maintain a minimum temperature of 60°F (16°C).
2. Check the heating system to ensure that it is in good working order and that it is delivering heat to all areas of the home.
3. Inspect the attic area for piping which may be susceptible to freezing temperatures. Insulation coverage between the water-filled pipes and the unconditioned area should be in place. Replace any insulation that has become dislodged, is damaged or is missing.
4. Ensure the building envelope/exterior is in good condition and close unnecessary openings, especially doors, windows, and foundation vents.
5. Identify the location of the main water shutoff valve for house. (Maintain easy access to a key for fast shutoff if needed.)
6. Identify the location of the shutoff valve for fire sprinkler system. (Maintain the proper tool or screwdriver to quickly access the panel.)
For more information regarding Home Fire Sprinklers, please follow the link: https://www.nolensvilletn.gov/departments/fire/fmo/home_fire_sprinklers.php