Nolensville Planning Commission
November 8, 2011, 7:00 p.m.
Board Members Present: Jimmy Alexander, Andy Grosson, Larry Felts, Robert Haines, Charissa Mishu, Rick Owens, Jimmy Reaves
Board Member Absent: Douglas Radley
Staff Present: Henry Laird, Attorney Bob Notestine, Kali Mogul, Bob Hayes, and Rick Fisher
Citizens Present: 1
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 p.m. by Chairman Rick Owens.
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The pledge of allegiance was led by Chairman Owens.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Chairman Owens made a motion to approve the minutes from the October 11, 2011 Planning Commission meeting. Commissioner Robert Haines seconded the motion, and the minutes were approved unanimously.
5. CITIZEN COMMENTS
6. NEW BUSINESS
A. Bent Creek Final PUD Plan, Phase 6.
Eric McNeely represented Bent Creek, seeking a re-approval of the Final PUD Plan for Phase 6, which was originally approved by the Planning Commission in 2007. After some discussion about open space, asphalt guidelines, critical lots, garages and street trees, Chairman Owens made a motion to accept the Final PUD Plan for Bent Creek Phase 6 with the following conditions:
1. Developer agrees to realign the mulch walking trail between lots 5126 and 5127 so that it connects to open space in Phase 5
2. Developer will adhere to the newest Town guidelines on binder course and final surface course
3. Developer will designate 13 critical lots on final plat
4. Developer agrees to adhere to the garage setback ordinance
5. Developer street trees selected for this phase will be appropriately sized, as discussed by Eric McNeely and Commissioner Reaves
Commissioner Larry Felts seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
B. Rezoning Parcels 56-117.01 Pt., 59-53.09 Pt., and 59-53.05 Pt. from ER to V (part) and SR (part)
Joe Epps was in attendance, representing the applicants. He said the applicants are in agreement with the Town’s recommendations on the proposed rezoning. Mayor Alexander asked for a clarification of the designation of Village zoning and allowed uses. Henry Laird confirmed that Village is a mixed-use plan, and that no Village rezoning is recommended for areas in the flood plain. Chairman Owens made a motion to recommend the rezoning. Commissioner Haines seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Mr. Epps requested that the public hearing and first reading on this issue be deferred to the January 5, 2012 meeting of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. Mayor Alexander agreed to this request.
A. Report from last BOMA meeting.
At last BOMA meeting a public hearing on the rezoning of the Schenkel property at the corner of Sunset and Nolensville Roads was held.
B. Bond Actions:
1. Haley Industrial Park Phase 1 requests a release from performance bonding and acceptance for maintenance as per conditions of Resolution #11-23 passed by Board of Mayor and Aldermen on September 1, 2011. Town Engineer Don Swartz has inspected the subdivision and agrees that the roadways and drainage features are completed according to the approved plans.
Chairman Owens made a motion to approve the release of Haley Industrial Park Phase 1 from performance bonding and acceptance by the town for maintenance. Mayor Alexander seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
2. Bond Report
Chairman Owens made a motion to accept the Bond Report as presented. Commissioner Charissa Mishu seconded the motion, and it passed unanimously.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 p.m.