Nolensville Planning Commission
December 14, 2010, 7:00 p.m.
Board Members Present: Jimmy Alexander, Charissa Michu, Andy Grosson, Bob Haines, Beth Lothers and Doug Radley
Board Members Absent: Rick Owens and Jimmy Reaves
Staff Present: Henry Laird, Kali Mogul, Bob Hayes and John Strasser
Citizens Present: 11
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 p.m. by Vice Chair Doug Radley.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The pledge of allegiance was led by Doug Radley.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Mayor Beth Lothers made a motion to approve the minutes from the November 9, 2010 Planning Commission Meeting. Commissioner Jimmy Alexander seconded the motion. Upon a vote being taken, the minutes were approved unanimously.
3. Report from last BOMA meeting.
4. Bond Actions:
A. Bent Creek Subdivision request for bond extensions
1. Phase 4, Section 2 performance bond extension for one year with an increase to $106,269.00, as recommended by staff
2. Phase 5, Section 1 performance bond extension for one year at $181,000 as recommended by staff
B. Burkitt Place Subdivision request for bond extension
1. Phase 2-A maintenance bond extension for one year with an increase of 10% to $14,850.00 as recommended by staff
C. Winterset Woods Subdivision request for release from maintenance bonds
1. Section 1 maintenance bond in the amount of $202,500.00: Developer requests release from bond and Town’s acceptance for maintenance
2. Section 2 maintenance bond in the amount of $75,000.00: Developer requests release from bond and Town’s acceptance for maintenance
3. Section 3 maintenance bond in the amount of $47,400.00: Developer requests release from bond and Town’s acceptance for maintenance
Mayor Lothers mentioned that Mr. Brent Stone, a citizen and Winterset Woods H.O.A. board member, had contacted Town Engineer Don Swartz about concerns and maintenance in the subdivision. Engineer Swartz discussed each concern in detail with Mr. Stone. Engineer Swartz personally inspected and thoughtfully reviewed all items covered by the developer’s bonds and certified that all were acceptable by the Town of Nolensville’s standards. A member of the Winterset Woods H.O.A. board was present and asked if the development’s fencing was included in the bonds that the Town held. Town Planner Henry Laird stated that fencing was not part of the development’s performance bonding.
Commissioner Jimmy Alexander made a motion to approve the above bond actions, in their entirety. Commissioner Bob Haines seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
D. Amended Bond Report
Commissioner Andrew Grosson made a motion to approve the bond report, as amended. The motion was seconded by Commissioner Charissa Michu, and passed unanimously.
Town Planner Laird announced that signatures were needed on commissioner training certification memos. Training by CD ROM is available for those commissioners who were unable to attend sessions during the year.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Robert D. Haines Date
Planning Commission Secretary