Nolensville Planning Commission
March 10, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
Board Members Present: Jimmy Alexander, Bob Haines, Rick Owens, Douglas Radley, Willis Wells, Frank Wilson and Andy Grosson (arrived during Citizen Comments)
Board Members Absent: Mayor Beth Lothers Staff Present: Attorney Bob Notestine, Henry Laird and Cathi Little
Citizens Present: 14
CALL TO ORDER The meeting was called to order at 7:02 p.m. by Chairman Rick Owens.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE The pledge of allegiance was led by Commissioner Frank Wilson.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES Commissioner Willis Wells made a motion to approve minutes from February 10, 2009; Commissioner Bob Haines seconded the motion. The Minutes were approved unanimously by the Board members present.
ANNOUNCEMENTS The Election of a new Planning Commission Secretary was held. Commissioner Jimmy Alexander nominated Commissioner Bob Haines, Commissioner Wilson seconded the nomination. Commissioner Haines was elected as Planning Commission Secretary by a unanimous vote of the Board Members present.
CITIZEN COMMENTS Kelly Dever, 9865 Clovercroft Road. After discussing the cell tower issue with some of her neighbors, she has started an online petition (Attachment A). The petition is asking the Commission to create a strict and comprehensive cell phone tower ordinance to discourage cell phone companies from erecting these towers in residential areas; including height restrictions on the towers, camouflaging requirements, and other things that will make it a little harder to put them up in residential areas and urge them to go to more commercial areas. Ms. Dever also provided the information from the FCC (Attachment B).
1. Recommend replacement of official zoning map with new edition (no changes in zoning)
Staff recommends that the Planning Commission recommend to BOMA to accept a revised map as the Base Zoning Map. There were no changes to the zoning per parcel; it has only been updated to show more parcels and new streets, with improved delineation of the zoning districts. Commissioner Wilson made a motion to approve the new Base Zoning Map, Commissioner Haines seconded. The motion passed unanimously. OLD
2. Report from last BOMA meeting Planner Laird reported on the BOMA actions that pertained to the Planning Commission. It was announced that a Workshop will be held on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. regarding the proposed Town Hall. The workshop will be held at the old school. BONDS
3. McFarlin Woods Sections 5 & 6 bond reduction The developer is requesting to have the performance bond reduced to the minimum amount of $47,700. Chairman Owens made a motion to approve the reduction, Commissioner Willis Wells seconded. The Motion passed unanimously.
4. Approve Bond Report Commissioner Wilson made a motion to approve the bond report as submitted; Commissioner Haines seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
5. Consider study committee on regulating cell towers A committee was set up with Jimmy Alexander, Henry Laird, Don Swartz and Bob Haines, Kelly Dever also volunteered. Planner Laird stated he has regulations from other cities and would like the group to review them and will schedule a time when the committee can get together to discuss the direction they would like to go. Chairman Owens asked to be courtesy copied, as he would like to be involved when time permits. ADJOURNMENT The meeting was adjourned at 7:24 p.m. Approved, Bob Haines Date Planning Commission Secretary