Recorder/Finance Director/Office Manager
Cindy Lancaster (615) 776-6681 Fax: (615) 776-3632
Cindy was raised in Nolensville, attending Nolensville Elementary School and graduated from Fred J. Page High School. She obtained her Paralegal Degree from Faulkner State in Alabama. She is married with two sons and six grandchildren.
Cindy was the first town employee, appointed in November 1996 after the Incorporation in October 1996. Town Hall resided in her living room and the Mayor’s car prior to moving to the Shopping Center at 7240 Nolensville Road. Cindy is a member of the Tennessee Association of Municipal Clerks and Recorders and International Institute of Municipal Clerks.
The duties of this office are set by the City Charter. Appointed by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, the Recorder is the official record keeper for the Town. Duties include recording and maintaining the Board's official actions in the minutes; coordinating and distributing the agendas; maintaining contracts, ordinances, resolutions, and agreements for Nolensville; and attesting signatures of the Mayor and Board. The Recorder oversees the adoptions and publishing of the Code of Ordinances and helps to ensure that all open record requests are in accordance to the Open Records Act.
The Nolensville Town Recorder is also the Treasurer which is a common practice for municipalities in Tennessee and is allowed in the Charter of the Town. The Treasurer also serves as Clerk to the Board.
- Maintains record management for all city departments
- Maintains accurate records of all business proceedings of the Board
- Acts as custodian for Town ordinances, resolutions, deeds, & contracts
- Maintains Town Charter and Municipal Code
- Maintains official records for the Town
- Facilitates the Town’s portion of beer and liquor license applications and renewals
- Performs daily cash management
- Works in all components of Nolensville’s financial accounting records
- Manages administrative staff
TREASURERServes as Clerk to the Board