The Town of Nolensville Municipal Court provides a fair and impartial hearing for all citizens charged with a Municipal ordinance violation or traffic violation within the boundaries of the Town of Nolensville. Our business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
1. When is court held?
2. Where is court held?
3. Do I have to go to court or can I just pay the citation?
4. Is there any way to keep this citation off my driving record?
5. What do I do if I received a "fixable" citation?
6. What kind of payments do you accept?
7. Where can I pay for the citation?
8. What if I can’t attend court on the date I am scheduled for?
9. What if I want to plead not guilty and contest the citation?
10. What if I don’t appear in court or pay the citation?
11. What if I go to court, but don’t do everything the judge orders?
12. How many points will go on my driving record?
13. How many points am I allowed before my license is suspended?
1. When is court held? Municipal Court is held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month beginning at 9:00 a.m. (unless otherwise notified) If you need to request a continuance of your court date, please call at least 7 days before your scheduled appearance.
|January 15||February 19||March 19||April 2|
|April 16||May 7||May 14||June 4|
|June 18||July 2||July 16||August 6|
|August 20||September 3||September 17||October 1|
|October 15||November 5||November 19||December 3|
|January 7||January 21||February 4||February 18|
|March 3||March 17||April 7||April 21|
|May 5||May 19||June 2||June 16|
|July 7||July 21||August 4||August 18|
|September 1||September 15||October 6||October 20|
|November 3||November 17||December 1||December 15|
3. Do I have to go to court or can I just pay the citation? If you were charged with never having a driver license or an insurance violation where you were actually insured at the time of your traffic stop, you MUST appear in Court. Otherwise, you may sign the back of your citation, indicating that you plead guilty and waive your right to a trial. You may pay online, or mail in the full amount of the citation (including court fees and taxes) to:
Nolensville Municipal Court
PO Box 547
Nolensville, TN 37135
4. Is there any way to keep this citation off my driving record? There is an opportunity to take a defensive driving class in order to keep a moving violation from appearing on your driving record. This is assigned during the court session by the judge. The following requirements must be met in order to qualify to attend the defensive driving class: you must attend court, you cannot have any moving violations on your driving record from anywhere for the last three years, and you cannot have taken a class to have a moving violation kept from your record anywhere within the last three years.
There are costs associated with the class which are in lieu of the fines on the back of the citation. If you do qualify for the defensive driving class and wish to take it DO NOT pay the ticket in advance and DO NOT attend a class in advance. You will be asked to pay $75 court administrative costs to the Town the day you appear in Court (local check, money order or cash payments only - we cannot accept credit/debit cards). Registration for the class is an additional amount (approximately $50) paid directly to the defensive driving school you choose to attend. There are several locations available on various days and times, including weekday evenings and Saturdays. Information will be provided to you after court or see below:
5. What kind of payments do you accept? We accept cash, cashier’s checks, local checks or money orders ONLY. We can only accept credit or debit cards for online payments (this option is NOT available at Nolensville Town Hall).
6. What do I do if I received a "fixable" citation? Most "Fixable" citations can be dismissed without attending court, depending on what the citation was for:
Driver's License: If you were charged with failure to carry your valid license, failure to change your address, or having an expired license, any time prior to your court date, provide a copy of your license or documentation by coming to our office weekdays between 8am-4pm, or by fax or email to the court clerk’s office. DO NOT pay the citation until you have spoken to the court clerk.
Insurance: If you were charged with not having proof of insurance, but were insured at the time of the stop, any time prior to your court date, provide a copy of your insurance indicating you were insured on the day and time of your stop by coming to our office weekdays between 8am-4pm, or by fax or email to the court clerk’s office. DO NOT pay the citation until you have spoken to the court clerk.
Light Violation: If you were charged with a vehicle light violation, any time prior to your court date, come by our office weekdays between 8am-4pm and demonstrate the light(s) have been repaired, or provide a receipt by fax or email to the court clerk’soffice DO NOT pay the citation until you have spoken to the court clerk.
Registration: If you were charged with failure to carry a registration or having an expired registration you can have the violation dismissed without attending court. Any time prior to your court date, provide the registration to our office weekdays between 8am-4pm, or by fax or email to the court clerk’s office DO NOT pay the citation until you have spoken to the court clerk.
7. Where can I pay for the citation? You can mail your payment (cashier’s check, local check or money order) to: Nolensville Municipal Court, PO Box 547, Nolensville, TN 37135; you can pay in person at Town Hall, 7218 Nolensville Rd. Nolensville, TN 37135, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.; or you can pay online with a credit or debit card.
8. What if I can’t attend court on the date I am scheduled for? email@example.com) at least 7 days prior to your scheduled court date to reschedule. If you have a last minute emergency and are unable to attend your scheduled hearing, you MUST call the court clerk before your scheduled court time. If no answer, please leave a detailed message to avoid receiving a Failure to Appear violation.
9. What if I want to plead not guilty and contest the citation at a trial? You must notify the Court Clerk (615.776-6684 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 10 (ten) days prior to your scheduled Court date so the issuing Officer can be notified to appear at your trial. DO NOT pay your citation prior to attending court.
10. What if I don’t appear in court or pay the citation? If you fail to appear in court on your assigned date on a traffic citation or fail to pay this citation before your scheduled date and time, you will be charged with Failure to Appear, assessed an additional $50 fine, and your Court date will be rescheduled. A letter stating the previous will be mailed to the address that appears on the citation. If you again fail to appear or pay the citation, the Tennessee Department of Safety will be notified to initiate suspension of your license.
11. What if I go to court, but don’t do everything the Judge orders? If you fail to comply with the Judge’s orders, you will be charged with Contempt of Court, assessed an additional $50 fine and offered a new court date. Failure to comply includes not attending a driving class and/or not paying the amount as ordered by the Judge. If you fail to appear on the new court date or pay the citation, the Tennessee Department of Safety will be notified to initiate suspension of your license.
12. How many points will go on my driving record? That depends on what your charge was. You can refer to the Tennessee Department of Safety Schedule of Points Values.