Who is required to make application for a permit?
Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the 2012 International Codes, or cause any such work to be done.
What work is exempt from making an application for a permit?
- One-story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed 120 square feet. (You must check for the setbacks per your zoning.)
- Fences not over 6 feet high. (You must check for the setbacks per your zoning.)
- Retaining walls that are not over 4 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge.
- Water tanks supported directly upon grade if the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons and the ratio of height to diameter or width does not exceed 2 to 1.
- Sidewalks and driveways.
- Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, counter tops and similar finish work.
- Prefabricated swimming pools that are less than 24 inches deep.
- Swings and other playground equipment.
- Window awnings supported by an exterior wall which do not project more than 54 inches from the exterior wall and do not require additional support.
Do you enforce any subdivision convents or restrictions?
The Town of Nolensville is not permitted to enforce any subdivision convents or restrictions which are private agreements created by developers. However The Town of Nolensville strongly recommends that you get permission from your HOA before applying for a permit of any type.
What building codes version does the Town of Nolensville abide by?
The Town of Nolensville refers to the 2012 International Building Codes. International Codes Council
Who do I contact if I am building in Williamson County and not within the city limits of Nolensville?
Williamson County Codes: (615) 791-5725